Monday, July 20, 2009

Oh time...how it flies...

It's mind boggling to me that in a few wks, I will be done with my first quarter of school and it continues to boggle my mind that on Sept. 11, I will have been a LPN for seven years! Wow...eight years ago, I was getting ready to start PN school.
PN school was tough. It was emotionally, mentally, and physically draining for me. I made some good friends and some bad enemies, but all in all there are only a few things I would have changed.
RN school is ALOT different. I find myself struggling with the material alot more and getting out of the "report it to the RN" mode and into the Assessing/Planning/Evaluation/Teaching aspect of nursing. Patho is giving me a hard time and just not overthinking or over studying.
Studying with a two year old is fun too...
I have made it no secret that I plan to roll into the BSN program after graduation next May and then forward on to take the NP program from Wright State University...It's a goal.
But for now, I have my eyes on that RN goal...

0 comments: