Saturday, July 18, 2009

nursing supplies...if its been made, I have probably owned it within the last 7 years. Of course there are things I HATE and things I LOVE...here is that list.

Things I hate...
1. Nursemate shoes...had my first pair of nice white Nursemates in LPN school nay oh 8 years ago. I.HATED.THEM! They straight up hurt my feet and left me feeling miserable.
2. Littman Stethoscopes...everyone hails the greatness of these scopes, but I can't hear my husband belch with one, nevermind asculatation of breath sounds or apical pulses! I wound up selling my first *and only* Littman to my BFF. More power to her!
3. Nursing Caps...while I was very proud to wear a cap at the time, it was still a huge PITA most days. While I keep mine in a container and cherish the day that I was capped, I praise God that I don't have to wear it on a daily basis.
4. Dickies Scrubs...don't HATE them...they just are not true to size and tend to shrink...and I have had a crapload of scrubs!
Things I LOVE...
1.Dansko Shoes...OMG $110 bucks I ever spent in my life! Back pain...gone! Leg cramps...gone! Comfy AND cute! http://www.nursesdirect.com/dansko/
2. UltraScope Stethoscopes...very stylish AND I can hear through 4 layers of sheets (not that I would recommend that) something that my littman failed to do. I am getting ready to purches a new UltraScope as my first one, Ethan literally tore apart, and my second one (hot pink nonetheless) grew legs and walked away at the nursing home. *sigh* You can fine them here : http://www.ultrascopes.com/designs.html
3. Nursing Clipboard...just got one and man its got so much info on it, its insane! You can find them here: http://www.pocketnurse.com/sc/details.asp?item=5510-C
4 Nursing Bag or Tote...I have recently bought a tote (for school) that reads "Shannon Caskey LPN" on it and I get alot of compliments on it. Its big enough to carry books in or lunch...or whatever you carry to work, without having to carry a purse.
So there you have it, my lil' list of nursing stuffs...enjoy!

2 comments:

Candice said...

YAY!! Shannon has a blog! :)

I typically wear tennis shoes, but I did break down and buy a pair of Dansko's a few months ago. They are okay. If I'm working a shift longer than 8 hours I don't wear them though. They end up hurting my feet for some reason.

I have a Littman that I bought while I was in nursing school. It works well, but if I ever lose it I'll have to try out the Ultrascopes. They are definitely more appealing to look at.

By the way, I'll be doing a blog review on a specific brand of scrubs soon. I believe it's a new company that is wanting to get the word out. If you are willing to do a blog review, you can get a voucher for $60 and try them out as well. I'll have info up later.

Nurse Shannon said...

Sure!!! I LUVS me some scrubs!!